Seeing the kingdom of God in your life
How often is it that we want to see God’s kingdom expanded in our city, yet our actions don’t line up with our intentions? We want to see people come to Christ, yet we don’t share Christ. We want to see the poor lifted up, yet we don’t stretch out our hand to help them.
It’s not that we don’t care. We care, it’s just that things get in the way.
- We don’t feel like we have the time.
- We feel under-qualified.
- We feel there are others who are better suited to the task.
I doubt we’re the only ones who feel that way. In one of his letters to Timothy, the Apostle Paul reminded him:
… I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:6-7
I don’t believe Paul would have written this to Timothy, had he not felt Timothy was struggling a bit. Timothy needed to be reminded of a few things
- That he had a call on his life.
- That the call was a gift from God.
- That the call was important.
- That God had given him the power, the love, and the self-control to carry out that call.
Did you know that the same is true for you? Ephesians 2:10 tells us:
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. – Ephesians 2:10
In other words, you are a custom-designed human being, blessed with gifts and abilities from God, and God gave you those gifts and abilities for a purpose:
To do the works of God, to expand the Kingdom of God!
But, you have to BELIEVE…
- That you have a call on your life.
- That the call is a gift from God.
- That the call is important.
- That God has given you the power, the love, and the self-control to carry out that call.
My brothers and sisters, fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave you a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Couple your kingdom-minded intentions with your God-given power, and you will see the Kingdom of God in your life!
“As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” – John 20:21